Promerita Vita

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Elena Vance
Andreu Rylan
Alexander Sola
John Nagala
Francis Cavil
Ethan Knight
Game Overlord
11 posters

Out Of Character (OOC) Thread

Elena Vance
    Elena Vance
    O-4 Captain
    O-4 Captain

Number of posts : 256
    Registration date : 2008-10-24

Out Of Character (OOC) Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Out Of Character (OOC) Thread

Post  Elena Vance Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:57 pm

Which means that somebody who's around the flight deck will have to write that he hears gunfire, or at least steps of big bad machines. Would somebody do that, please? The Chief, for example? Wink
    Francis Cavil
    Francis Cavil
    O-7 Commander
    O-7 Commander

Number of posts : 294
    Registration date : 2008-10-18

Post  Francis Cavil Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:19 pm

They aren't coming in through a flight deck. With all but emergency power out (including lift elevators), only way to get aboard is for them to find a docking port and cut through it.

Let's say they arrive near the center of the ship (on a lower deck) right near the Pilots Rec. From there they will be heading towards CIC and forward damage control, magazines, and aft damage control.
    James Graff
    James Graff
    O-2 Lieutenant Junior Grade

Number of posts : 86

Post  James Graff Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:08 pm

Francis Cavil wrote:They aren't coming in through a flight deck. With all but emergency power out (including lift elevators), only way to get aboard is for them to find a docking port and cut through it.

Let's say they arrive near the center of the ship (on a lower deck) right near the Pilots Rec. From there they will be heading towards CIC and forward damage control, magazines, and aft damage control.

damn you! Graff's too squishy to get in a firefight Razz
    Andreu Rylan
    Andreu Rylan
    O-3 Lieutenant
    O-3 Lieutenant

Number of posts : 140

Post  Andreu Rylan Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:29 pm

James Graff wrote:
    Francis Cavil wrote:They aren't coming in through a flight deck. With all but emergency power out (including lift elevators), only way to get aboard is for them to find a docking port and cut through it.

damn you! Graff's too squishy to get in a firefight Razz

Shutup soldier and fight to keep the toasters from your flight leader, he's sleeping...
    James Graff
    James Graff

Post  James Graff Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:11 pm

Screw that, I'm busting you out of jail and we're hightailing it to Mexico.
    Ethan Knight
    Ethan Knight
    O-6 Colonel
    O-6 Colonel

Number of posts : 221

Post  Ethan Knight Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:28 am

You've got a while to go. We still have to get to Earth...
    Andreu Rylan
    Andreu Rylan
    O-3 Lieutenant
    O-3 Lieutenant

Post  Andreu Rylan Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:41 pm

So, do you want me to RP as a general member of the crew who if the first unlucky sod to run into the centurions? Since no one wants the job...
    Ethan Knight
    Ethan Knight
    O-6 Colonel
    O-6 Colonel

Post  Ethan Knight Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:45 pm

That would be wonderful.

Come on people!

It's the action you've been waiting for. Hop to it!

Last edited by Ethan Knight on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    James Graff
    James Graff

Post  James Graff Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:27 pm

Yeah alright, I'll be nearby as well.

edit: dont the cylons have the first move? (boarding, shooting innocents, etc.)
    Elena Vance
    Elena Vance
    O-4 Captain
    O-4 Captain

Post  Elena Vance Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:49 pm

Very well done. Hoping for more posts like these. Wink

Well, now, this was only a first taste and first post. Come on, people, it's action time. Get up marines! And you, pilots, take up your guns. Being drunk is no excuse. Neither is having sex. ^^

@Nagala: Sleep a little longer or wake up and 'force' even a little more action, so that our fellow players start lifting their lazy butts and getting into the game again? Your call.
    Francis Cavil
    Francis Cavil
    O-7 Commander
    O-7 Commander

Post  Francis Cavil Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:11 am

It's time to wake up. Laughing

PS: Thanks for getting us into the game, Sola. Wink
    Ethan Knight
    Ethan Knight
    O-6 Colonel
    O-6 Colonel

Post  Ethan Knight Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:40 am

Watch out!

Colonel taking charge!
    Elena Vance
    Elena Vance
    O-4 Captain
    O-4 Captain

Post  Elena Vance Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:59 am

Come on people, what is it? I mean, is there anywhere food or booze for free or why is everybody so absent and inactive? See, there's this boarding party that just started turning our ship into a shooting gallery and we are far from safety, with many, MANY things to come, in this chapter alone. Not to mention the things that will happen in the next one.

So, what's the problem here?
    Tracey, would you react to my PM and show up?
    Sola, your tags?
    Keegan, your tags (Nagala) and the answers/tags you owe me via PM (Doc, Cavil, my PM)?
    Rylan, your tags (PM) and a post? Just because Sola wrote something, doesn't mean that you can't have some fun with NPCs.
    Graff, what about a post from you?
    Mr Mackenzie? Mr Staley? I thought, you'd both get involved with the Colonel in the Joint Post.

Come on, people. This is like the greatest RP ever. It sure is the best I ever participated in. And THIS, letting it die out of... I don't know, inactivity of any kind, sure as hell won't happen. I won't let this happen. If you can't write, that's one thing. You'll have to announce that. But if you just don't care, then say it. Otherwise, go in there, sit down and write something. It doesn't have to be decent. It doesn't have to be long. Just, GODS DAMNIT, show some commitment and get this going again. This, in fact, IS an order.
    Francis Cavil
    Francis Cavil
    O-7 Commander
    O-7 Commander

Post  Francis Cavil Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:57 am

Elena Vance wrote:Come on people, what is it? I mean, is there anywhere food or booze for free

Actually that's pretty much exactly why I haven't been around the last few days. Now that I'm back I will get my shit done. ^_^ I swear it!
    James Graff
    James Graff

Post  James Graff Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:20 pm

It's the weekend, and booze was largely involved (though not free like for some <_<)

I'll get something in later tonight..
    Tracey Graham
    Tracey Graham
    E-6 Chief Petty Officer
    E-6 Chief Petty Officer

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2008-10-22

Post  Tracey Graham Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:37 am

I'll just say what I told Elena Vance through PM...

"I knew what was happening but the last week has been really really busy for me. Working full time, planning a wedding (even a small one), getting moved in to a new place, and trying to maintain some semblance of a social life still took presedent for me over this forum.

Now that things are starting to settle down a little I can think about getting some short posts in maybe, but things are still going to be crazy for the next few months Sad"

I will try to write something for my character soon but it wont be much.
    Andreu Rylan
    Andreu Rylan
    O-3 Lieutenant
    O-3 Lieutenant

Post  Andreu Rylan Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:01 pm

I went back to my home city for the weekend. So yeah, free booze and food all weekend, and a day of airsoft on saturday.

As a side note: Ow. My face.
    Elena Vance
    Elena Vance
    O-4 Captain
    O-4 Captain

Post  Elena Vance Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:09 pm

Well, I'm not quite yet writing the next part of the JP as I'm really tired from a trip to a university.

But I noticed one thing, not only here but also in other RPs, that I find implausible: It's the fact that, as it seems, everybody knows that the Cylons will definitely head for Aft Damage and Auxiliary Fire. But fact is that, if not for Tigh (who remembered Adama's narration about the Cylons boarding Galactica and doing the same thing), nobody would have known. Cause it isn't common knowledge.

I could have written openly that I want Elena to head to Aft Damage Control. But nobody knows about this tactic who didn't participate in the First Cylon War and knew somebody from Galactica. That's why it's going to be a 'coincidence' that she wants to follow the gunshots with her two companions and ends up there.

So... I'd appreciate, if this was kept in mind and if you, Graff, could change your post accordinly. The way it is right now, it sounds like it was really obvious to me. Then again, maybe I'm just being tired. Wink
    John Nagala
    John Nagala

Number of posts : 116
    Registration date : 2008-10-19

Post  John Nagala Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:33 pm

I think it's possible that if anyone had relatives who fought in the First Cylon War, they to might have been privvy to that information.

I have noticed that, though, as a common trend in BSG RPs. It's hard to avoid a little meta-gaming when you're playing based on a TV show. Razz
    James Graff
    James Graff

Post  James Graff Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:19 pm

As I understood it, it was a common cylon tactic during the first war. So it may not be common knowledge to civillians in "our time" but at least the military should probably be aware of it. Also, it is one of the few major weaknesses of a battlestar, so the colonials would have to be pretty dumb not to know about it by now.

Just my 2c, if you think the post needs to be changed though, let me know
    Elena Vance
    Elena Vance
    O-4 Captain
    O-4 Captain

Post  Elena Vance Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:52 pm

Well, Kelly, for example, didn't know anything about it.
    James Graff
    James Graff

Post  James Graff Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:15 pm

alright, edited in a first war reference
    John Nagala
    John Nagala

Number of posts : 116
    Registration date : 2008-10-19

Post  John Nagala Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:56 pm

Sexy.
    Hermes Boone

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Out Of Character (OOC) Thread - Page 2 Empty Here I am!

Post  Hermes Boone Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:59 am

Hey everyone what's up! It's Dragon from the other RP site. MJ just showed me this site and I wanted to know if and how I can help this one along and where I should be posting?
    Francis Cavil
    Francis Cavil
    O-7 Commander
    O-7 Commander

Post  Francis Cavil Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:59 pm

First off, welcome aboard! Very Happy

If you want to get involved and help us kick this storyline back into gear, why don't you fire me over a character sheet and we can try and figure out how to get you involved? Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:55 am