Promerita Vita

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
John Nagala
Alexander Sola
Elena Vance
Andreu Rylan
Francis Cavil
Ethan Knight
Game Overlord
11 posters

Out Of Character (OOC) Discussion

Francis Cavil
    Francis Cavil
    O-7 Commander
    O-7 Commander

Number of posts : 294
    Registration date : 2008-10-18

Out Of Character (OOC) Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Out Of Character (OOC) Discussion

Post  Francis Cavil Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:49 am

They take a little getting used to, but they work like a charm as far as getting realistic conversation flow going. Smile
    Elena Vance
    Elena Vance
    O-4 Captain
    O-4 Captain

Number of posts : 256
    Registration date : 2008-10-24

Out Of Character (OOC) Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Out Of Character (OOC) Discussion

Post  Elena Vance Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:59 pm

Sad
    My computer's broken. Crying or Very sad
    I can still write, there's no problem with that, but... Sad
    John Nagala
    John Nagala
    O-2 Lieutenant Junior Grade

Number of posts : 116
    Registration date : 2008-10-19

Post  John Nagala Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:45 am

No way! My comp is also broken. I'm using my dad's laptop right now, which sucks, but they kind of owe me because I let them use mine when theirs stopped working. But yeah, if anyone knows computers, mine gets through the BIOS screen and then suddenly stops. There's a black screen with a little flashing "_" in the upper left corner and that's it.

Help? Sad
    Ethan Knight
    Ethan Knight
    O-6 Colonel
    O-6 Colonel

Number of posts : 221

Post  Ethan Knight Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:20 am

OS, Maker and Model?
    John Nagala
    John Nagala

Post  John Nagala Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:08 am

XP, Dell (sort of), Custom stuff. I have no idea what 'model' it is and unfortunately I can't really get past the BIOS screen, so I have no way of finding out.
    Ethan Knight
    Ethan Knight
    O-6 Colonel
    O-6 Colonel

Number of posts : 221

Post  Ethan Knight Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:17 am

Have you installed any updates recently?

When the BIOS screen pops up, press F8 until a menu pops up. If it doesn't pop up (happens sometimes) restart your computer and try again. Once the menu is up, select "try in last known good configuration" or something along those lines and press enter.

If that doesn't work, restart your computer again, and press F8 again, this time select "Safe Mode" which is basically a cut down version of the OS with basic crap. With this, uninstall the latest updates for your computer by using the Control Panel. And restart your computer. I suggest not installing the updates again if it asks you to.

If this doesn't know... Well I'll have to get back to you if that's the case.
    John Nagala
    John Nagala

Post  John Nagala Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:55 am

Couple of problems.

1- I installed no updates prior to the problem. Sad

2- I can't reach those from the BIOS screen. You're thinking of the loading screen that shows up right after the BIOS screen, which I can't get to. The only special menu I can get to from the BIOS screen is something like this...

Out Of Character (OOC) Discussion - Page 6 Sata_bios_settings_0

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:24 am